Business Owner’s Package (BOP) Insurance

JLA Partners Insurance

Business Owner’s Package (BOP) Insurance

All your business insurance needs in one convenient, affordable bundle: A Business Owner’s Package (BOP) from JLA Partners Insurance will give your business the right coverage at the right price. Speak to one of our commercial insurance experts to find out if a BOP is right for your business.

What is BOP?

A BOP—a Business Owner’s Package—Insurance Policy combines many standard required insurance coverages that a business owner needs into one package. Your BOP can be tailored to fit the needs of your unique company, but most BOPs include some combination of business interruption insurance, liability insurance, crime insurance, property insurance, and vehicle coverage.

Typically, a BOP will save your business money because it can be offered at a premium that is less than the total cost of all of the individual coverages.

What Is Included In A Typical BOP?

Although every BOP is different based on the needs of each individual business, BOPS usually include coverage for:

  • Property insurance for buildings and contents owned by the company. Coverage can be standard or special; special coverage is more comprehensive than standard.
  • Business interruption insurance. Covers the loss of income or revenue resulting from a fire or other catastrophe that interrupts normal business operations, and can sometimes include the extra expense involved in operating from a temporary location.
  • Liability protection. Covers your organization’s legal responsibility for any harm to others resulting from anything you and/or your employees do or fail to do during business operations that may lead to bodily injury or property damage stemming from defective products, faulty operations, or errors in services provided.

What's Not Included In A Typical BOP?

  • On-Water Towing and Labor Coverage: Covers the cost of towing and other emergency services in case your boat becomes disabled on the water. Coverage is up to a pre-determined limit.
  • Fishing Equipment Coverage: Covers all or part of the cost of damage to fishing equipment while on your insured water vehicle or while being carried onto or off of your insured water vehicle. Coverage is usually up to a pre-determined limit.
  • Personal Effects Coverage: Covers the replacement cost of your personal property while it is onboard or while being carried onto or off of your insured water vehicle.